Samantha Travis specializes in providing high-quality, client-centered and cost-effective legal services to individual, business and organizational clients throughout Montana in the areas of personal injury, civil litigation, family law and environmental law. Formerly a civil defense attorney and a Special Assistant Attorney General for the Montana Department of Environmental Quality, Samantha has worked as a trial lawyer since 2011. Samantha received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Montana School of Law, earning a certificate of specialization in Environmental and Natural Resources Law, in 2008. She is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts within Montana and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims in Washington D.C. Samantha was recently recognized by the Daily Inter Lake and the Kalispell Chamber of Commerce as one of the Top 20 Under 40: Young Professionals to Watch in the Flathead Valley.
Samantha lives in Kalispell, with her husband, Paul, the Executive Director of the Flathead Land Trust, and 3 children. When not hard at work for her clients, Samantha may be found floating on a nearby river, picking huckleberries on a hillside, climbing and skiing down a snowy peak or attempting to make vegetables grow in her backyard garden.
Areas of Practice:
- 1998-2000: University of Vermont
- 2002 – B.S., School of Forestry, University of Montana
- 2008 – J.D., University of Montana School of Law
- Certificate, Environmental & Natural Resources Law
- 2008- State Bar of Montana
- 2008- U.S. District Court, District of Montana
- 2014- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, Washington D.C.
Professional & Community Activities:
- Executive Committee, Northwest Montana Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Montana; Montana Trial Lawyers Association
- Clinical Externship Supervisor, University of Montana School of Law
- Leadership Flathead Alumnus
- Volunteer Youth Soccer Coach